The Romanesque church was probably built in the late 13th century. It is mentioned as an abandoned church in 1561. In the middle of the 18th century the Romanesque church was rebuilt in late Baroque style and was also extended. It burnt down in the fire of 1890: only part of the walls remain. It was not until 1908 that work began on a new Roman Catholic church in the neo-Romanesque style, named after St. Imre. It is a single-nave, polygonal-closed sanctuary with an attached sacristy and a projecting tower.