In the varied Garam lowlands, on the banks of the Kétyi stream, lies the small village called Érsekkéty. Its name indicates that it once belonged to the estate of the Archbishop of Esztergom. Its sacral monuments today are the Catholic church dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with a Székely gate and cross in its garden, and the Reformed church, which, despite its dilapidated state, still preserves some treasures: here you can find an engraved map of the village on a wooden plate showing the location of the plots of land in 1945, with family names. Also in the church is an old iron chest with a devil’s casket, which used to hold prayer books. The village places great emphasis on the preservation of traditions, folk dances and folk songs. The singing group of Pacsirta has been active for more than 45 years and the country house since 2017, with old costumes, furniture and everyday objects from the past. A special feature is the black wedding dress and veil worn until the 1920s. The recipes for Érsekkéty’s typical dishes are collected in a booklet entitled “From the spoon to grandmother’s secret”.
info@ket.sk
https://www.ket.sk