Sárisáp is located in the northern part of Komárom-Esztergom county, between the spurs of the Gerecse; it is bordered by the High Mountain, the Goat Mountain, the Stone Rock and the Babai Mountain. In the Roman Empire, a settlement called Quadriburg, with its villas and baths decorated with pre-Christian frescoes, stood on this site. In the 16th century, the spa culture once again became a dominant feature of the town, and its name derives from the name Sar. The discovery of brown coal in the late 1700s changed the life of the population, which had been mainly agricultural until then, but it also meant the end of the bathing culture, due to the fall in karst water levels caused by mining in the area. The memorial house shows visitors the life of families in the 19th century, where the majority of the population lived from farming, while the men worked in the mines. Its Roman Catholic Church was built in 1766 in the Baroque style in memory of Prince St. Imre, on the site of a ruined medieval church. The mining community suffered great devastation during the world wars, and its life and losses are commemorated by numerous monuments.
hivatal@sarisap.hu
https://sarisap.asp.lgov.hu/