Damásd Castle was built at the northern end of the village of Ipolydamásd, on the top of a 150 m high hill on the right side of the road. The castle was in Hungarian possession in 1617 and was briefly occupied by the Turks in 1641. In 1646, László Bercsényi was the castle captain, but in his absence the Turks of Vác stormed the castle, captured it, killed its inhabitants and destroyed the walls; it was never rebuilt. Few remains remain on the surface. Its surroundings are well-kept, with information boards and picnic benches.
https://varak.hu/latnivalo/index/231-Ipolydamasd-Damasdivar/